的 秘书处 is responsible for conducting university-wide elections to fill vacant seats on the 理事会, 参议院 and 咨询委员会.
Elections are conducted in accordance with the Electoral Procedures of the 理事会 and are held in instances w在这里 more than one nomination is received for a vacant position.
的 董事会 is composed of 25 voting members and two non-voting observers. 成员包括:
|Observers ("voice but no vote")|
MANDATE OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Under the terms of the University's Royal Charter (1852) and as established by the Statutes of the University, the 理事会 is the University's highest governing body, with general jurisdiction and final authority over the conduct of the affairs of the University. 的 董事会 has a stewardship mandate focused on overseeing and protecting the University’s assets, 包括其财务, 财产, 人力资源资产, with a view to ensuring the long-term sustainability and well-being of the University. 在履行职责时, 董事会 members are expected to exercise the duty of care and the duty of 忠诚, which are the two primary fiduciary duties applicable to all 董事会 members.
- 注意义务: refers to the level of competence that is expected of a 董事会 member, and is commonly expressed as the duty of care that an ordinary prudent person would exercise in a like position and under similar circumstances.
- 忠诚的义务: refers to a standard of faithfulness applicable to 董事会 members. A 董事会 member must give undivided allegiance when making decisions affecting the University. 这意味着, 在其他的事情, that a 董事会 member cannot use information obtained as a member for personal gain, or reveal confidential information regarding the University, or act in a manner that is prejudicial to the best interests of the University.
Members of the 理事会 must also comply with the Code of Ethics and Conduct for members of the 理事会 of 沙巴app下载大学 and Trustees of the Royal Institution for the Advancement of 学习 (“Code of Ethics and Conduct”).
的 Code of Ethics and Conduct establishes the following as the General Duties and Obligations of members during their term in office:
- carry out their functions with integrity, 独立, 和诚信, and shall act in the best interests of the University;
- act responsibly and fairly with the care, 勤奋, 忠诚, and prudence of a reasonable individual;
- carry out their functions in such a way as to maintain confidence in the University;
- make every reasonable effort to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest;
- make a full disclosure of a real or perceived conflict of interest in writing as soon as they are aware of it and shall resolve it in the best interests of the University;
- respect the confidentiality of information received in the performance of their duties as well as the confidentiality of the deliberations in which they participate.
For examples of specific duties applicable to 董事会 members, please consult the Code of Ethics and Conduct, 可用 在这里.
的 董事会 is supported by ten 常务委员会, which play a fundamental role in helping the 董事会 fulfill its governance activities. All 董事会 Committees report to and are accountable to the 董事会.
For more information about the 董事会, please contact edyta.rogowska [at] 沙巴app下载.ca (Ms. Edyta Rogowska)秘书长.
For more information about the elections process, please contact 克里斯汀.支持者 [at] 沙巴app下载.ca (Ms. 克里斯汀支持者)，总选举事务主任.